SIDUS HEROES is an up-and-coming blockchain game, primarily focusing on NFTs and the metaverse. The game already has built up a big community and the IDO is coming up soon (15th of December). What is it about, what can you expect, and why is there excitement around the project? Read on to find out more about SIDUS.
What is SIDUS HEROES?
SIDUS is a blockchain-based MMORPG game with a futuristic setting in a technologically advanced world. Some key points to summarize SIDUS, are:
- The SIDUS universe is a world wherein all living beings are technologically advanced.
- The universe contains 12 tech-based races that represent different blockchains.
- SIDUS is accessible on any device and in any country. You don’t need to have the newest Playstation or iPhone: just visit the website and launch the game. This is thanks to the unique WebGL technology which the SIDUS team has been working on for 3 years.
- Players can choose their own role: Go with violence and strive for power, explore the metaverse, become a builder and farmer, or become a political leader.
- NFTs are an important aspect of the platform.
Team Introduction video
SIDUS has shared a show reel of their team, which you can watch below.
Why is SIDUS expected to do well?
What explains the excitement around SIDUS NFT HEROES and why are so many people bullish on the game?
- The team focuses on browser game experiences that are as high fidelity as Unreal Engine game experiences.
- There are hundreds of people working on making the game a success.
- Focus on the technology of having browser experiences be super high quality. This makes sure everyone can access the game, even in places where the newest devices and tech are not available.
- There are real possibilities for the project to become a leader in the above-mentioned blockchain browser (WebGL) gaming experience.
- SIDUS combines all the hyped blockchain gaming features (such as P2E and the metaverse) with Decentralized Finance features (such as a marketplace, farming, and staking).
Apart from this, SIDUS is visually pleasing. For games, this naturally plays an important role.
Play to Earn & Game Economy
The play to earn model is changing the established paradigm of the gaming industry. The introduction of P2E gives gamers the possibility to Play to Earn instead of Paying to Play. Finance (DeFi) is playing a big role in the blockchain P2E ecosystem, as people can invest, yield, sell & more, while NFTs are also an important stream of income.
Simply said, Play to Earn is ‘playing’ a massive role in the rise of blockchain gaming. SIDUS is unique in the way that it combines WebGL, P2E, NFTs and RPG as an AAA-level (Triple A) game.
The SIDUS team is not taking P2E lightly: it wants to become a platform that actually provides a stable income for its players. With only a regular smartphone and an internet connection needed, the game wants to play its part in tackling poverty. Their goal is to ‘employ’ 10 million people who play their game, develop it, and receive a stable income.
Even though SIDUS HEROES is still in development, the demo is already playable. The roadmap of the project shows that there are quite a few new features launching soon, such as the marketplace, DeFi products, token releases, and more.